Backtesting a Strategy with Trade-Ideas
- In This Section
- About Trade-Ideas
- Viewing Trade-Ideas
- Creating a Trade-Ideas Alert
- Backtesting a Strategy with Trade-Ideas
Backtest in Trade-Ideas enables you to calculate the odds of winning trades on a Trade-Ideas alert and filter combination you have configured.
To run a backtest:
1. In the Trade-Ideas window, click Backtest button in the toolbar or at the bottom of the window.
The Configure Backtester dialog box appears:
2. Make your selections, including direction, minimum move size, entry condition, exit condition, and exit time. For more information, see the User's Guide.
3. Click OK. Backtester runs and show the results at the bottom of the Trade-Ideas window: