- In This Section
- Internet Connection for ScottradeELITE
- Viewing Your Connection Statistics for ScottradeELITE
- Updating System Settings for ScottradeELITE
- Using ScottradeELITE Help
- Logging in to ScottradeELITE
- Downloading ScottradeELITE
- Technical Requirements for ScottradeElite
Download Center FAQs
How do I download and install ScottradeELITE?
1. To download ScottradeELITE, log in to your account on www.scottrade.com.
2. From the home page, click ScottradeELITE in the left navigation menu. The ScottradeELITE download center will pop up in a new window.
3. Click the Download Now! button in the ScottradeELITE Download Center.
4. Check to make sure your computer has the proper technical requirements, and then click the purple Download ScottradeELITE button from the center of the window to begin the download.
5. When the File Download window appears, choose to Open or Run the file. This runs the download.
6. After the download is complete, choose to Install the program.
How do I access ScottradeELITE after it has been downloaded?
When you install ScottradeELITE, an icon is created automatically on your desktop.
Double-click the icon on your desktop to open ScottradeELITE. You do not need to go through the download process again once the application is installed. You will no longer need to visit www.scottrade.com in order to access your account.
I have clicked on the ScottradeELITE icon on my desktop and nothing happens.
Check to see if ScottradeELITE is minimized on your desktop. If it is, right-click and choose Maximize to view ScottradeELITE. After maximizing the application, please save this change by using the Save Layout button located on the Main Toolbar at the top of the screen.
ScottradeELITE ends up in a continuous download loop when I am trying to receive the automatic update.
You may not have administrative privileges on the computer you are using. You must log on to your account on your computer that has administrative privileges and continue the upgrade from there.
When I click the ScottradeELITE icon, ScottradeELITE appears but there is no logon window.
Your firewall or Internet security program is blocking access to ScottradeELITE. You will need to contact your firewall/Internet security application provider for assistance on proper configuration. You may need to re-add the Scottrader.exe application to any Internet security applications.
My ScottradeELITE crashes when I log on.
Reinstall the ScottradeELITE application by logging into your account from www.scottrade.com. If the problem persists, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further troubleshooting assistance.
Data feed is sporadic and/or stops after a few minutes.
Make sure you have the absolute latest version of your antivirus software installed. Upgrading definitions or disabling your antivirus will not work. You must have the most current antivirus engine. You could also troubleshoot this issue by resetting your Internet connection, and checking any Internet security software that you may have installed. If this problem persists, contact email@example.com for further troubleshooting assistance.
After a re-installation from the ScottradeELITE download center, the layouts are missing.
Be sure that the program was installed to the same destination where it was previously located (for example, C:\Program Files\ScottradeElite).