Account linking allows the primary authorized account holder access and trading capabilities in secondary accounts. New accounts can be linked only after the Subscriber Agreements have been completed. These are located in the Agreements section of the Forms Center.
To establish linked accounts, follow the steps below:
1. Download the Account Linking Limited Trading Authorization form located in the Forms Center.
2. Primary and Secondary account holders must complete the form.
3. Fax or mail the form to your local Scottrade branch office.
4. Scottrade will enable the accounts for account linking.
5. The process may take up to 4-5 business days.
After account linking has been enabled, you will notice a drop-down box in the top left menu of all the pages right above your name. Using this drop-down, you will be able to select the account you would like to view. The primary account will be able to select any account to which they have been granted access.
Note: Only non-professional accounts have the ability to link to other non-professional accounts. Professional accounts do not have the capability to use account linking at this time.
Once your accounts are linked, you'll be able to view your linking status and change your settings under the My Account tab. Click the My Information & Preferences link in the left menu column, and then you'll see an Account Linking tab near the top.