The Open Orders window of Scottrader will show you trades that have not been executed yet and can help you track your trading activity. To view your open orders, click the Open Orders button in the upper left corner of the Quote Grid window.
The Open Orders window displays the following data fields for the trades submitted in your account. The different data fields are listed and defined below:
- Status - All your orders in the Open Orders window will be pending execution. Once the order has been filled, the completed trade will appear in the Today's Executions window for the remainder of the day and then will be archived on the Orders Status page of the Scottrade Trading Website once the orders have been processed each night.
- Symbol - A ticker symbol, often shortened to symbol, is a unique abbreviation assigned to a security so that it may be easily identified on its exchange.
- Modify/Cancel - You can modify or cancel a pending order before the order has been executed. Use the Modify or Cancel links to change your order, or right-click on an individual order in the Open Orders window.
- Action - A notation of whether the trade was placed as a buy, sell, buy to open, buy to close, sell to open or sell close order will appear in the Action column.
- Quantity - The total number of shares included in the order will be displayed in the Quantity column.
- Order Class - Your order will be classified as either standard or conditional. If you placed a condition on your order, the condition will be signified by (CND) in the Order Type column.
To view the condition of your order, mouseover the (CND) symbol until the Condition box appears.
- Order Type - Your order type refers to the specifications you have applied to your trade and depends on whether you are placing a market, limit, stop limit or trailing stop trade.
- Limit Price - If you placed a limit order, the execution price you requested is called the limit price. Buy limit orders will be executed at this price or lower; sell limit orders will be executed at this price or higher.
- Stop Price - If you placed a stop-on-quote order, the price at which your order will trigger and become a market order is called the stop price. Buy stop-on-quote orders will be executed at this price or higher; sell stop-on-quote orders will be executed at this price or lower. Trailing stop prices will be displayed in real-time.
- Stop Trigger Price - The stop trigger price is pre-defined by the user as the entry/exit point. Once the market price of a security reaches the trigger price set by the user, the stop-on-quote order becomes a market order.
- TIF (Time in Force) - A time-in-force qualifier allows you to set an expiration date and time through which your order will remain active.
- Session - The Session column will indicate if the order was initiated during regular market hours, pre-market hours or post-market hours.
- Qualifiers - The Qualifier column will show if the AON checkbox was selected when the order was placed.
- Account Type - The Account Type column will show whether the account in which the order was placed is classified as a cash, margin or day trading account.
- Time - The time and date that your order was placed will be listed in the Time column.
- Reference Number - A numeric value assigned to your order to distinguish between multiple orders is called the order's reference number.
It is helpful to note that if you click the Order Status link in the top right corner of the Open Orders window, you can view open orders in your account from the Scottrade Trading Website.
All orders your Open Orders window will be pending execution. Once the order has been filled, the completed trade will appear in the Today's Executions window for the remainder of the day and then the order will be archived on the Order Status page of the Scottrade Trading Website once the orders have been processed each night. You can also modify or cancel a pending order before the order has been executed. Use the Modify/Cancel links to change your order, or right-click on an individual order in the Open Orders window.
To view the open orders in any of your linked accounts, click the drop-down menu in the upper left corner of the Open Orders page and select the linked account number.
To place a trade from the Open Orders page, click Quick Trade in the lower left corner and fill in the entry fields. Once all fields are complete, click Place Order.
All orders will be submitted in the account currently open in the Open Orders window.
To modify or cancel an open order, click the Modify or Cancel link that corresponds to the order you want to change.
To cancel all orders in your order queue, click Cancel All Orders in the lower right corner of the Open Orders window. The Cancel All Orders link is a convenient way to cancel all open orders instead of individually cancelling open orders.
When you are finished viewing the open orders in your account, you can navigate to Balances, My Positions or Today's Executions via the tabs at the top of the Open Orders window.